Tuesday, April 15, 2014

4/15/14

Man, oh man was this week a busy one! From continuous paperwork on Wednesday to the lecture on Saturday, it was never a dull moment! (Also I apologize for the lack of new pictures, I was in the zone for this week and forgot to take pictures. Thus the pictures I will be using are unique things I have come across this semester.)

As always, Wednesday was more paperwork and I think there is a real shot of me finishing the Union Cemetery inscriptions tomorrow if I keep my nose to the grindstone.
Friday was full of creating slides and scurrying around to make everything work before the lecture, because when else would I create slides except the day before they’re needed? They turned out pretty good, with just a few revisions that were needed after I left work for the day. By Friday, I was becoming such a nervous wreck with the lecture since that was part of my internship requirement for UCF.
Saturday was an interesting day for upon arrival at Debary Hall I discovered that a wedding was taking place and so the Lemonade Lecture was moved to the theatre, where the moving seats are located in order to provide a more unique experience when viewing their introductory film about the history of the house. There was a smaller attendance for the lecture, but I can understand, but those who did attend were curious about cemetery preservation and asked very intuitive questions. During me section of the lecture, which focused on creating awareness of cemeteries and their need to be preserved, I know I talked too fast nor did I enunciate nearly as well as I should have. Sadly, this nervous ticks were due at the last minute nerves got the best of me, which is funny since last week I was at a Showcase Event and speaking there was a breeze. 



I can tell that I will have an intertwining career around cemeteries since I am starting to question about the history and state of cemeteries located in near the town I live in. In addition, I am going on a vacation in the Caribbean soon and I am curious if there are any cemeteries that would be accessible to where I will be, for I would love to see how cemeteries are taken care of and also the different looks and iconography that may be prevalent throughout.  I have finally accepted my fate that I am a taphophile (someone who likes cemeteries in a none creepy way). 

No comments:

Post a Comment