Thursday, April 24, 2014

4/24/14

"It was an early morning yesterday
I was up before the dawn
And I really have enjoyed my stay
But I must be moving on"

Yesterday was my final day interning with Volusia County in the Parks, Recreation, and Culture Department and I cannot believe I am officially done with it. This of course will be my concluding post for this blog, but if you want to follow along with my next great adventures in history and interning feel free to check out my history blog (x).

Yesterday resulted in tying up some loose ends, even starting and completing in less than an hour the final set of cemetery headstone inscriptions for Pentecostal Holiness Cemetery. It was a fairly quiet day overall, with just filing and organizing some final paperwork, which was similar to my first day of headstone inscriptions and organizing.
I was not driving, but stopped when this was taken


I am so grateful for this opportunity to intern within the field of historic preservation especially with a topic so unique and fascinating. I have told countless people about my fieldwork and internship in general, because I am so proud of what I have been learning. I know this experience will carry on with me to graduate school, where I may continue on with historic preservation or dabble with it in the realm of public history. This internship stretched me and taught me more than I can say and I am grateful for all that it has encompassed this past semester.



No comments:

Post a Comment